Thursday, October 20, 2011

Playing Tour Guide

My cousins from Ohio came to California last week to visit.  They spent a few days in San Fransisco with my brother and a few days in Fresno with my parents.  I met them in Fresno and brought them down to Los Angeles for the Hollywood portion of their vacation.  For a person who typically avoids Hollywood and Highland, it was fun to put on my figurative fanny pack and play tourist for the day.

Our first stop was a tour of the Warner Bros. Studio lot in Burbank.


I realized on the tour that I do not watch any of the shows that are currently filmed on the lot, so I geeked out over past shows and movies.
It's a hard-knock life
This building was the orphanage in Annie.  I love Carol Burnett as Ms. Hannigan - We Love you, Ms. Hannigan!

We just missed a Smelly Cat performance
Warner Bros. kept the coffee shop from Friends in tact so visitors can take pictures on the famous couch.

The Whomping Willow did some serious damage
Harry Potter - eeek!  I might have sat on the stool from the movie and got sorted into Gryffindor at the private museum on the lot....

We also got to see vehicles from various movies, the prop department, the set of Mike and Molly and Conan O'Brien!  Yep Conan was walking around the lot and gave us all in the tour a wave.  I was glad because my cousins did want to see a celebrity and that is not always guaranteed out here.

After unsuccessfully waiting standby to try to see the taping of Conan, we headed out to Hollywood and Highland to see if our hands are the same size as our favorite celebs.

I can't figure out how to rotate...
We walked around the Roosevelt Hotel and then headed to see where Richard Gere rescued Julie Roberts at the end of Pretty Woman.
"So what happened after he climbed up the tower and rescued her?" 
"She rescues him right back"
All in all it was a fun day to run around LA taking in all the movie magic and to see it through the eyes of someone who has never been here before!

No comments:

Post a Comment